automated copy after lock

Hi,

I am trying to set a process in which a row is copied to another sheet, after

1 - someone has chosen a specific value from a dropdown list

2- the admin pushed "lock" manually.

Two conditions must be met in order to create the copy- but I cannot find the "locked row" as a condition to trigger the copy...

Is this possible?

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

What logic is used to determine that a row can be locked?

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Giselef

I hope you're well and safe!

Could you use a checkbox column combined with a Workflow to Lock the Row instead?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hej Andrée, Paul!

I basically want to avoid having other users (besides one admin in particular) triggering the copy.

That is why I was thinking a value in a dropdown list (in principle anybody could use this, even by mistake), plus lock (only my admin would have that right).

I have in the past set it so a specific value triggered a copy in the other sheet, and I had "unwanted" rows being copied.

Andrée, the checkbox is an interesting suggestion. Do you know whether we can have the checkbox column hidden so only my admin and myself can see it or change the content, not other users of the sheet? That could solve the issue.

• Also, the fact that it needs "two-steps" before the copy is created, add extra security