View Single Record in Page View Format

I want to find a way to display information from on record in a sheet in a more readable format. Ideally, this would be a page form that I create with fields (from the sheet) place in my preferred arrangement. This would be similar to a dashboard, but would be more of a template. This would allow me to display only the fields needed and in a more logical manner. It would allow me to display any row of data as a page. Something like the below

The above example is something I pulled from teh internet, but is similar to the format I want to produce.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @mattstoc

I hope you're well and safe!

You could develop something similar in Smartsheet. See below.

• You could use cross-sheet formulas combined with either a VLOOKUP or INDEX/MATCH structure to connect the sheets, and when you update the source sheet, it will reflect on the destination sheet.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• mattstoc
    mattstoc ✭✭✭

Thank you for the quick reply. I have the data in a single sheet, so it is not a problem of gathering data. The thing I am trying to resolve is the visual layout of a single record of information. The options I appear to have in smartsheet:

1) Run a report with the columns I want in the order I want. Filter that to the record I want. However, I am still stuck scrolling left to right. It is hard to read "at a glance"

2) Use dynamic view, select a record, then use the input form. The problem (for me) with this view is that it is a single column of data which means scrolling up and down. Again hard to read "at a glance".

I want to view a single record in more of dashboard type presentation format (customized how I want). I want to use a the full width and height of the screen for a single record.

• Hi @mattstoc

If you double-click on a row number this will open up the row in an "Edit Row" pop-up window, showing the single record in a vertical format. This display isn't able to be formatted, but it may give you the single view you're looking for, and any edits you make in this window will update the sheet.

Another option would be to create a PDF with fillable fields and the set-up / visualization you would like. Then you can generate a document using the data from the row, which will automatically fill out that PDF (although it would take the data out of Smartsheet). See: Document Builder overview: Generate documents from row data

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• mattstoc
    mattstoc ✭✭✭

I didn't know that and it is helpful. It is a step in the right direction, but I still believe a view/edit form that allows for placing fields where desired would be a great addition.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 06/22/22

@mattstoc

Happy to help!

I saw that Genevieve answered already!

Let me know if I can help with anything else!

Also, Please submit this as a Product Feedback or Idea (If it hasn't been added already) when you have a moment.

Best,

Andrée

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.