10000 cell (combined) reference limit

Community,

I'm getting the "10000 cell (combined) reference limit" in a grid file and cannot overcome it. My situation:

• I have 5 master files with approx 14,000 lines of data
  • using =count to simply pull the number of lines in each file and summing those for a total using a single range in one column in each of the 5 files

That works fine until I try pulling in more metrics doing the following:

• I do =countifs to find out how many lines are in "complete" status by looking in a status column for each file...then I get the limit issue.

How else can I extract my data from 65k lines to get the metrics I need for my team?

Thank you for any help on this issue.

Brad

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Depending on the metrics you need, you can create a report, group by status, then insert a Count summary field in the report.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• bentlb3
    bentlb3 ✭✭✭✭
    edited 05/18/22

Thank you @Paul Newcome!

I'm trying to pull metrics into a sheet to feed the dashboard. I'm not sure using a report will work to be able to feed charts and graphs and numerical widgets on the dash. Or can your proposed method achieve that?

Thanks!

Brad

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

It possibly could. Really it depends on exactly what kind of breakdowns you need. You would set the filters up based on the range/criteria sets, group by the primary data point, then use a Summary to count/sum/avg.

Lets say you want to count how many statuses are "Closed" by Assigned To. You would set the report filter to only show rows that are closed, group by assigned to, then apply a summary to the status column to "count". You would then reference this report in your chart widget.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com