Indicating a row is past due

Hello everyone,

I was wondering about a capability in Smartsheet.

I was hoping to indicate a row was not completed on time. I am not talking about conditional formatting per say. I do not have a preference how this is shown but I was thinking of a function where a cell column of that row is in red? This Smartsheet is used for customer requests and every row is a request so I would like it to be known if a specific request was not completed on time.

The columns we have set up is: Date Received, Due Date, Date of Closure.

Let me know if more context is needed. Please help. Thank you.

Tags:

Best Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Syllica

I hope you're well and safe!

Try something like this.

• Add a so-called helper column. (Checkbox, and you can name it Late)
    • Then add the following formula to that column, and make it a column formula. (this will check the box when the Date of Closure is later than the Due Date)
    =IF([Date of Closure]@row = "", "", IF([Date of Closure]@row > [Due Date]@row, 1))

• You can then reference the helper column in a Conditional Formatting rule to indicate if it was late or not.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E: [email protected] | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me about help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or something else entirely.

• Syllica
    Syllica
    Answer ✓

I hope you are also safe and well :)

This worked! Thank you so much. Very helpful.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Syllica

I hope you're well and safe!

Try something like this.

• Add a so-called helper column. (Checkbox, and you can name it Late)
    • Then add the following formula to that column, and make it a column formula. (this will check the box when the Date of Closure is later than the Due Date)
    =IF([Date of Closure]@row = "", "", IF([Date of Closure]@row > [Due Date]@row, 1))

• You can then reference the helper column in a Conditional Formatting rule to indicate if it was late or not.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

Feel free to contact me about help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or something else entirely.

• Syllica
    Syllica
    Answer ✓

I hope you are also safe and well :)

This worked! Thank you so much. Very helpful.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Syllica

Excellent!

I'm safe and well too!

Happy to help!

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!