Can IF statements produce multiple results from separate columns in 1 cell?

I am trying to create a To Do List column for our sales people that will automatically generate certain Tasks in the To Do List column IF result(s) are achieved in other column(s).

I am playing with IF statements and cannot figure out if this is possible. The issue I am seeing is that the formula becomes Unparsseable if 2 results from 2 different columns are true. I am wanting to have both results show up in 1 cell in the To Do List column.... OR have 1 task show up in the cell and the 2nd task in a child row below it.

Can IF statements be used in this way?

Here is my formula:

=IF([Sign up complete?]1 = "Yes", "Set up training", IF([Training module]1 = "Team building", "Send team building requirements"))

In the To Do List column, cell 1, I want it to show as:

-Set up training

-Send team building requirements

Anyone know if this is possible?

Best Answer

• Davyn
    Davyn ✭✭
    Answer ✓

K looks like I got it with CHAR(10):

=IF([3 way call complete?]3 = "Yes", "Call" + CHAR(10)) + IF(DECISION3 = "No", "Follow up for decision" + CHAR(10))

Thanks so much!

Answers

• L_123
    L_123 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

If i'm understanding correctly, you can concatenate your if statements.

if(A,B + ", ") + if(C,D + ", ") + if (E,F + ", ") etc

if you want to clean up any commas at the end you can wrap it in a subsitute

substitute(if(A,B + ", ") + if(C,D + ", ") + if (E,F + ", ") +"," , ", ," , "")

• Davyn
    Davyn ✭✭

Yes I want to concatenate my IF Statements but can't get it to show both results. Is this written correctly? Thanks for your help!

=IF([3 way call complete?]1 = "Yes", "Prepare folder") + IF([DECISION1] = "No", "Follow up for decision")

Result will show:

-Prepare folder

-Follow up for decision

• Davyn
    Davyn ✭✭

I found the issue and corrected it, but now need to have the 2nd result show up below the 1st, not next to it.

Corrected formula:

=IF([3 way call complete?]3 = "Yes", "Call") + IF(DECISION3 = "No", "Follow up for decision")

• Davyn
    Davyn ✭✭
    Answer ✓

K looks like I got it with CHAR(10):

=IF([3 way call complete?]3 = "Yes", "Call" + CHAR(10)) + IF(DECISION3 = "No", "Follow up for decision" + CHAR(10))

Thanks so much!