Calendar App - Advance settings -> Edit Calendar window

Options
NishaTKD
NishaTKD ✭✭✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

Hi! Could someone please help understand how the 'Time and Design' feature on EDIT CALENDAR works? What is the use of each field on this page especially 'Open Date' and 'Number of Periods'.

Also, when I select other choices in the Tile View, I do not see the new format getting applied. When I come back, I find that its been defaulted to 'Default' option. How to make this Tile View selection stay on the Calendar page?

Any inputs will be much appreciated. Thanks!

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @NishaTKD

The "Open Date" allows you to identify what date you would like the Calendar to open up to when users access it. You can have the Calendar open up to Today (as in your screen capture), or you can choose the option of a Specific Date which then you select in the next field (e.g. January 1st).

The "Number of Periods" is for specifically for the Week, Multi-Month, and the Quarter view. It determines how many of each of these groups you see in one view. For example, this is the display in a Week view with 4 periods selected:

Then this is what it would look like if I changed that to 10 periods:

See: Refine Your Calendar with Advanced Features

In regards to the Tile View options, I checked in with our Support team and they have received a number of reports about the same behaviour you're experiencing and are looking into it. Normally this formatting should stay after you have adjusted and saved it. I don't have an ETA for when this may be resolved, but they are aware and investigating what may be causing this.

Cheers!

Genevieve

• NishaTKD
    NishaTKD ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Genevieve P. Thank you for the detail explanation on the Date and the update on the Tile View!