Control Center - Project data Update

Hi,

I am really new to control center. As suggested I followed the training . I have added all the new values in intake sheet .Using SCC blueprint i have created the new project. Templates , Reports , Project dashboards & portfolie dashboards working perfectly.

About my problem , i would like to change project manager for one project .i m bit confused and stuck here. where should i have to update the project manager.

I tried to use Global update - Modify column value ....couldnt successful...cause the project manager value is linked from intake sheet....

so can you pls help me out ...

Thank you .

Best Answer

• Matt Johnson
    Matt Johnson ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @PYI

If the build was set up properly, yes, only make the change to the intake sheet. Here's what else would need to happen as well:

-The PM Name would be set up as Profile Data in SCC so it would appear in the Summary section at the top of the Project Plan (standard process) or you could have all Profile Data on a separate sheet.

-On the Project Plan, you'll need a Role column and an Assigned To column. The Role column is usually prepopulated as part of the template of tasks. The Assigned To column is an INDEX MATCH formula, or you could maybe get away with a VLOOKUP, and it pulls the Assigned To in by comparing the Role column on the Project Plan to the Role row on wherever the Profile data is located.

I hope that helps.

Matt

Matt Johnson

Sevan Technology

Smartsheet Aligned Partner

Answers

• Matt Johnson
    Matt Johnson ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @PYI

If the PM value is linked from the intake sheet, you should be able to change the value on the Intake Sheet and it will then update the Project sheets automatically. No Global Update needed for this one.

I hope that helps!

Matt

Matt Johnson

Sevan Technology

• PYI
    PYI ✭✭

Hi Matt..thank you very much for your time and reply ,,, yes u r absolutely right,,,, but actually i try to do this rm,, i am not sure what this rm expects,,, so only change in intake fills this rm?

• PYI
    PYI ✭✭

Hi @Matt Johnson ..thank you very much for your time and reply ,,, yes u r absolutely right,,,, but actually i try to do this rm,, i am not sure what this rm expects,,, so only change in intake fills this rm?

• Matt Johnson
    Matt Johnson ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @PYI

If the build was set up properly, yes, only make the change to the intake sheet. Here's what else would need to happen as well:

-The PM Name would be set up as Profile Data in SCC so it would appear in the Summary section at the top of the Project Plan (standard process) or you could have all Profile Data on a separate sheet.

-On the Project Plan, you'll need a Role column and an Assigned To column. The Role column is usually prepopulated as part of the template of tasks. The Assigned To column is an INDEX MATCH formula, or you could maybe get away with a VLOOKUP, and it pulls the Assigned To in by comparing the Role column on the Project Plan to the Role row on wherever the Profile data is located.

I hope that helps.

Matt

Matt Johnson

Sevan Technology

• PYI
    PYI ✭✭

@Matt Johnson Super!! Perfect.. thank you so much for your wounderful help!!...