What happen with workflows (Smartsheet+JIRA) after a member leaves the company?

Options
jpineda
jpineda ✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

I created multiple workflows, and I am leaving the company; these workflows are linked to dashboards with Widgets. Will all the dashboards remain at Smartsheet? Will anything happen with current info at the Dashboards? Thanks

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @jpineda

There currently isn't a way to transfer Jira workflow ownership directly from the workflow configuration; the new owner would need to re-create your set-up from their log-in.

However, if you have more than just a couple to recreate, please reach out to Smartsheet Support (with current owner details and new owner information) as they may be able to help you from the back-end.

Cheers!

Genevieve

• jpineda
    jpineda ✭✭
    Options

Hi @Genevieve P.

What will happen with the dashboards created with those workflows? Thanks

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @jpineda

Smartsheet Dashboards take their data from underlying sheets, so it depends on what happens to the sheets that you currently own. If you leave without transferring ownership of the sheets, your items will become read-only for 30 days and then they will be deleted.

However if you have transferred the sheets to the new owner, then that owner can re-create the Jira workflows mapping to the same sheets, which will then continue to update your Dashboard. Let me know if that makes sense!

Cheers,

Genevieve