Personal Report from multiple sheets with non-matching Columns

Options

I have a report created from two source sheets. Both source sheet columns match and the report is good. I can edit all the columns on the report.

I have a third source sheet that I'd like to add to the same report. This third source sheet's columns do not match the other source sheets and is blank (no data). I can add these columns to the same report, however I cannot edit any columns from the third sheet. I'm guessing it's because these columns do not exist on the other source sheets as well.

Any ideas on how I can basically add custom columns to a report:

Source 1 = (columns) - Used by multiple people

Name0 | Name1 | Name2

Source 2 = (columns) - Used by multiple people

Name0 | Name1 | Name2

Source 3 = (columns) - Used by me

Last1 | Color | Takeout

Report = All three sources (columns) - Used by me (all columns editable)

Name0 | Name1 | Name2 | Last1 | Color | Takeout

Adding the columns from source 3 to the other sources is not an option.

Any ideas how I could solve this conundrum?

Answers

• Mike TV
    Mike TV ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Shawn Harris

I created sheets like yours and a report. This is what I ended up with:

First row is from Sheet 1. Second row is from Sheet 2. Third row is from Sheet 3.

You're not able to edit the Last1, Color, and Takeout cells in rows 1 or 2 because those rows are from sheets which do not have those columns on them. So if you want to be able to enter information in those rows you're going to have to add those columns to those sheets. You can Hide those columns so that they're not visible to users on those sheets.

I do not know of any workarounds aside from adding those columns and hiding them. This is just how SmartSheet works with Reports.