Auto-Sorting a Sheet

BradJoseph
BradJoseph ✭✭
edited 05/28/22 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello,

I am trying to figure out how to auto-sort a sheet so that when I open it a specific column will be automatically sorted by a-z. I realize that it is simple to just sort it myself when I open it but this form is not used by just myself, it is used by dozens and dozens of people, many of them very computer illiterate and they are all over the country and constantly changing. I don't want to have to teach people how to sort rows several times every day when i have much more valuable things I could be doing with my time.

This problem would fix itself if when the sheet is opened a specific column would be automatically sorted for everyone by a-z.

Suggestions regarding reports will not be helpful, nor will "just train your staff" or "hire computer literate people". This sheet requires that it is opened multiple times every day by multiple people in all walks of life throughout an entire country so that they can enter meta data. A specific row needs to be sorted a-z, that simple, the headache and endless emails and phone calls I have been receiving can be all fixed by one simple feature.

Thank you anyone who is able to help.

Answers