Onboarding/Offboarding

Options

Hello All. I was wondering if the following was possible:

We have created a Master Onboarding/Offboarding sheet (information is captured using a form). The first question on the form is they type of request (Onboarding or Offboarding), from which logic is then captured.

If Onboarding is chosen, one of the questions is "Are they replacing a existing hire" if yes, logic then takes them to the following questions:

Who are they replacing

Term Date of who they are replacing

What I would like to happen is to have the information for the offboarded employee (who is being replaced) be entered on their original onboarding row (to eliminate two rows for the same employee).

Right now, I have an update request go to the manager (the trigger is when the term date is any value, then send an update request to the Manager asking for the rest of the offboarding information). Again, I would like the update request to go on the line of the old employee (who will be offboarded) and not the new, onboarded employee. I am not sure if this is possible.

I do have two separate sheets which are copied from the Master (onboarding and offboarding), but would like all of the information captured on the main/Master sheet.

Thanks,

Teresa

Answers

• Toufong Vang
    Toufong Vang ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

One approach is to use a helper column. The value in this column can be one of the criteria in a scheduled workflow requesting update for the employee being offboarded.

In the example below, the column formula =COUNTIF([ID of Employee Being Replaced]:[ID of Employee Being Replaced], =EmplID@row) simply checks to see if an employee ID has been recorded in other rows as being replaced.

A workflow automation is set to run everyday at 5:00 PM. It sends an update request for the row when the value in the helper column is anything other than 0. You'll want to add another criterion so that a request isn't sent every day.