Unable to add a new event to the calendar app

Hi. I am using the calendar app to surface due dates across multiple sheets. The set up is working the way I intended, however, we cannot add new events to the calendar. Is this because the calendar is serving up a report and I can't add items to the report? It appears that the finish date and the sheet name are the fields that are preventing new items from being added. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Answers

• Hi @meghan.hale66546

You can add Events to the Calendar app even if the source is a Report, you'll just need to configure where the new rows end up in the "6 - More Options" tab of the Calendar app builder:

However you are correct that it looks like your End Date value is what is preventing new events from being created. I see you have it set up as a Required value, but it's greyed out. It could be greyed out for a number of reasons, but the most common that I've seen is that you have Project Settings enabled with dependencies on the source sheet.

If you hover over the greyed out cell it will tell you the possible reasons:

You'll want to ensure that this End Date field is not one of those listed cell types, or that you make it non-required so your users can submit events and the End Date can update later.

Let me know if I can clarify anything further!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now