Copy a row vs updating a row...

Options
APawl
APawl
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

So I am pushing JIRA content to SmartSheet using Unito but I have issues based on some of the columns on the particular SmartSheet that I am using - some are Date fields with conditions that will not accept data from JIRA based on constraints with Unito. The other fields are Contact lists in Smartsheet which are not functional yest for Unito.

That said I have a possible work around which is to have Unito point to a different Sheet without these restrictions then use Smartsheet to create a new row on the restircted Sheet. All this works great but when I update the value of a field in JIRA, it updates that field on the non-restricted Sheet. However it adds a new row - essentially a duplicate with the updated value to the restricted Sheet.

So... Is it even possible to have the original row updated with the delta on the restricted sheet without creating a duplicate row?

Answers

• Julio S.
    Julio S. Moderator
    Options

Hi @APawl,

From what you explain, it sounds like you'd like to set a Workflow that would move and not copy any rows from your "non-restricted" sheet connected via Unito and the "restricted" one. I'm not sure if you may have tried, but a "move row" automation sounds like more related to what you'd like to achieve to avoid duplicities between the source and the destination.

This said, it looks unlikely that the row will remain connected from Jira/Unito to the restricted sheet since the sheet restrictions should apply. In both cases, changes in the Jira project should always create new rows in your restricted sheet unless you would apply certain conditions in the Copy/Move row Workflow that would limit the instances where the automation should be triggered.

If you find that the Jira connector is restricting the options you can choose when it comes to connecting sheets with Jira projects, when you have a moment, please let our Product team know about your feedback by filling in this form, here. Thank you!

I hope this can be of help. 

Cheers!

Julio