Automation workflow

Hi there,

I would like to setup automation cases like if there no update on specific row by the member for somedays let's say oneweek i want to send automatically send reminder to the row member to update that

Best Answer

• Jeff Reisman
    Jeff Reisman ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Keeru

Is there a specific field or fields that the member would be updating? If so, you could handle this using a helper column and a couple automations:

Create a helper column, formatted for Date, called "UpdatedDate".

Create a "Record a Date" automation rule triggered by a row being added that records the current date in the UpdatedDate column.

Create a "Record a Date" automation that is triggered by a change to the fields the person would be updating.

Create your "Alert Someone" automation that is triggered when a date is reached, when UpdatedDate is 7 days in the past.

So now, the UpdatedDate gets reset anytime someone updates one of those fields, and then if 7 days go by without an update, the alert is sent. If you have some kind of Status field that indicates a row is completed, you can add that as a condition to your Alert Someone automation, as in only send the alert 'If Status does not equal Complete'.

Regards,

Jeff Reisman

Link: Smartsheet Functions Help Pages Link: Smartsheet Formula Error Messages

If my answer helped solve your issue, please mark it as accepted so that other users can find it later. Thanks!

Answers

• Etienne Mermillod
    Etienne Mermillod ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

First add a column of type autonumer/modified .

then create a workflow, such as:

and it should do the work :)

• Jeff Reisman
    Jeff Reisman ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Keeru

Is there a specific field or fields that the member would be updating? If so, you could handle this using a helper column and a couple automations:

Create a helper column, formatted for Date, called "UpdatedDate".

Create a "Record a Date" automation rule triggered by a row being added that records the current date in the UpdatedDate column.

Create a "Record a Date" automation that is triggered by a change to the fields the person would be updating.

Create your "Alert Someone" automation that is triggered when a date is reached, when UpdatedDate is 7 days in the past.

So now, the UpdatedDate gets reset anytime someone updates one of those fields, and then if 7 days go by without an update, the alert is sent. If you have some kind of Status field that indicates a row is completed, you can add that as a condition to your Alert Someone automation, as in only send the alert 'If Status does not equal Complete'.

Regards,

Jeff Reisman

Link: Smartsheet Functions Help Pages Link: Smartsheet Formula Error Messages

If my answer helped solve your issue, please mark it as accepted so that other users can find it later. Thanks!