Not able to select a field in "Field Logic" of Dynamic View

Options
User251
User251 ✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

Hi. I'm trying to add a field logic in Dynamic View. However, I am not able to pull any field in the select column section. I understand that the field logic only applies to columns with a drop-down menu but I am not able to select those fields.

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @User251

Oh well-done! I'm glad you were able to figure out the issue.

In regards to saving it, you'll need to add a title to this Rule, first. (Right now it has the greyed out "Rule #1", but it will need a custom title).

Let me know if this now configures your View how you'd like.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Hi @User251

You're correct, the Field Logic area of Dynamic View relies on dropdown lists and symbol columns. This can include multi-select columns, but it does not apply to Contact columns.

Can you confirm that the underlying sheet includes dropdowns and/or symbols? It would be helpful to see a screen capture of your underlying sheet, identifying each column type, but please block out sensitive data.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• User251
    User251 ✭✭
    Options

Hi @Genevieve P.

My objective is to use field logic to hide some columns depending on the contact's unit. For instance, if John B. accesses the sheet, the Unit name will be Alpha. If the Unit field shows Alpha, then a set of columns should be hidden.

BTW, Dynamic View is using a report that is built based on the source sheet. The source sheet includes a column called Units that includes a dropdown list.

Is it possible to apply that logic in Dynamic View?

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Hi @User251

Does the Report also include this "Units" column, or is it only in the Sheet?

The Field Logic will only hide fields in the Details pane, based on what's in the row, but it won't hide content showing in the main View. However yes, if the Report has this Unit column you should be able to set it up so that only certain fields show in the Details panel when a dropdown value is in a specific state.

• User251
    User251 ✭✭
    Options

@Genevieve P. Yes. The report has the Unit column. Thank you for reminding me to double-check. I am using 2 sheets in the report. They both have the same column. However, one sheet had the Units column with a dropdown list, and the other did not. I fixed that, and the column has dropdown lists on both sheets.

I refreshed the dynamic view. I am able to select the column and create the logic. I am not, however, able to save it!!!

• Genevieve P.
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @User251

Oh well-done! I'm glad you were able to figure out the issue.

In regards to saving it, you'll need to add a title to this Rule, first. (Right now it has the greyed out "Rule #1", but it will need a custom title).

Let me know if this now configures your View how you'd like.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• User251
    User251 ✭✭
    Options

@Genevieve P. Awesome! it worked. Thank you so much!

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Wonderful! I'm glad we got there in the end 🙂