Specific cell reference in update request text

Options

Hello!

My examples are in French, but as SS is the same, you should understand with the visuals.

I used a template as a base for my project management office.

In this example, we create a folder with the project name, but all the subfolders remain “generic” in order for the links between them to continue working if we make a folder copy.

(We do not have the control center, so it seemed a great way to work to multiply projects with all their reports and dashboards).

So I have my sheet called “Project plan”, a column “Task name” and on this same column, row 1, being the project title “IT risk assessment”

Lower on the sheet, I have the activity breakdown with different people assigned.

My goal is to be able to reference the project title when I create a workflow with any request type.

1) It seems I cannot reference a specific cell

2)I tried putting the project name in the sheet summary, but once again, it seems I cannot reference the sheet summary

3) I tried to create a helper column in which I could point to the project name, to have it for each activity. But since my formula points toward a specific cell, I cannot convert it to column formula (and I don't want to copy it manually).

Please proove me wrong on those points or let me know should you have another way to achieve this goal!

Thanks for your help!

Best Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Marie PH

I hope you're well and safe!

You're on the right track!

You'd only need to reference the Title in the Sheet Summary and then the Sheet Summary in the Helper Column, convert it to a Column Formula and reference it in the Workflow.

Did that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Marie PH
    Marie PH
    Answer ✓
    Options

Wow! I was so close! haha

So easy, and works perfectly!

You are so insightfull in all your answers on this forum.

Thank you

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!