Complete "card view" of a single record

Hi all,

I am looking for an option, native to Smartsheet or an integration or an add-in, that will enable me to display a single record in an expanded "card" view that shows more than 10 fields of that record. Is anything like this possible or available?

I have a sheet that contains a list of accounts, with the record for each account on its own row and the key attributes of that account in the fields of that row. We are using Card View to present this list in categories, and visually this works great. But, the cap on 10-data fields per card is limiting the functionality of this sheet for our team.

I would love to be able to generate a well formatted one-sheet on each account.

If this isn't workable within Smartsheet, if anyone has created a workflow that syncs (even if it's a one-way export) Smartsheet data with an external document, such as a PowerPoint deck, I would welcome any guidance or suggestions.

Thanks,

Jim

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Jim A

I hope you're well and safe!

Have you explored using the Edit Row feature in the sheet?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Jim A
    Jim A ✭✭

Hi Andrée,

Thank you for your suggestion.

Within the Edit Row feature (Right click on the Row and select "Row Actions", is this what you're referring to?) I see the new "Generate Documents" item. This is close to what I have in mind, but it seems limited to filling pdf forms with Smartsheet data, rather than dynamically creating a document.

I'll give this a closer look though and see if it may do more than that.

What I'd really like to do is create a document that has a structure, but isn't constrained like a pdf to predefined form-field sizes and rather can adjust form fields and section sizes dynamically based on content.

Thanks again.

Jim