Smartsheet Upgrade, and information erasing

Hi team, I have a few questions, if anyone could answer that would be appreciated 😊

- info in columns randomly deletes when I use the keyboard arrows to navigate

- I receive a notice I have 28 days to upgrade Smartsheet or information will be deleted

Anyone experienced this before?

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @IsabelA

Is it possible you have an application on your computer (such as Caffeine) that clicks a key to keep your computer awake? This can make it look like the cell that you have selected is being "deleted" because the app is replacing the value with a space. (Paul talks about this in this other post).

For your second point, it sounds like you may be on a Trial version of Smartsheet. This gives you 30 days to create items and try out Smartsheet functionalities.

However after 30 days, anything that you own will become read-only. You can still be a free collaborator on other people's sheets and items, but unless you have a licence or your own plan then you won't be able to own sheets, does that make sense?

Here's an article that may help answer some of your questions: Smartsheet Free Trial: Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

Let me know if I can clarify anything further after reading through the article above.

Cheers!

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @IsabelA

Is it possible you have an application on your computer (such as Caffeine) that clicks a key to keep your computer awake? This can make it look like the cell that you have selected is being "deleted" because the app is replacing the value with a space. (Paul talks about this in this other post).

For your second point, it sounds like you may be on a Trial version of Smartsheet. This gives you 30 days to create items and try out Smartsheet functionalities.

However after 30 days, anything that you own will become read-only. You can still be a free collaborator on other people's sheets and items, but unless you have a licence or your own plan then you won't be able to own sheets, does that make sense?

Here's an article that may help answer some of your questions: Smartsheet Free Trial: Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

Let me know if I can clarify anything further after reading through the article above.

Cheers!

Genevieve

• Thank you so much!

• No problem! I'm glad I could help. 🙂