permission issue desktop vs mobile

Josh Stoner
Josh Stoner ✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Smartsheet Basics

Good afternoon Smartsheet community. I have run into an issue with permissions. An individual has been given permissions at the "commenter" level on a workspace. The workspace has two sheets in it. It shows the permission as a commenter when I look at it from my computer.

However, when the individual goes through the app via their phone or tablet, it states the person only has "viewer" permission. What would be causing it to be different using a mobile device?

I haven't had this issue with others who have the same level of access, commenter, it is only this one individual. How do I correct this?

Answers

• Hi @Josh Stoner

Is it possible that this one individual is either logging in to Smartsheet from a different account on their mobile device, or they are looking at a different Smartsheet item?

If you share Smartsheet items to someone with Commenter permissions, they should see that as the label when they view the item from the app:

One last thing I would ask this person to check is the App Version on their mobile device, in case there's an update. Commenter permission is a fairly new type of sharing, so they may be using an older version of the app where this isn't recognized yet. See:

Note that the latest version of Smartsheet for Android requires Android OS 8.0 (Oreo) or later. In iOS, the Smartsheet for iOS app requires iOS 13 or later.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• @Genevieve P.

We checked your first comment. We were standing there with the individual walking through the steps. Your second comment about the App version is what we are looking into. I am wondering if that doesn't have something to do with it. Thanks for the additional input. I will have to follow up with the person on which version the tablet or phone is running on. Appreciate it! I will let you know what I find out.

• Thank you! Yes, I would love to know what you find out - if this is the case, it would be helpful to know what older version is showing them as view-only.

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now