Open Update Form button in not available in email body

Soumitra Bhowmick
Soumitra Bhowmick ✭✭✭
edited 06/15/22 in Smartsheet Basics

I have an workflow which requests data from users who may or may not have access to the specific Smartsheet. Today all of a sudden, Open Update Form button is not available in the body of the email they received from Smartsheet. Attached is the snap of email and workflow.

Any help is appriciated.

Best Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Soumitra Bhowmick

Do you have an Alert built into this workflow as well as the Update Request?

The email screen captured above has the formatting of an Alert type of action, not an Update Request. I can tell because it highlights in yellow the changes made, and there's a note that says "Changes made by...". This only appears in an Alert request, whereas an Update Request does not have this language.

For example, I have two actions in my workflow. This one is an Alert:

This one, from the same Workflow, is the Update Request which would have a button:

Notice that the sentence at the bottom is different for the different actions. Can you check the full workflow to see if possibly this user is sending you the email they received as a Notification instead of a request?

Thanks!

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Wonderful! I'm glad I could help.

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Soumitra Bhowmick

Do you have an Alert built into this workflow as well as the Update Request?

The email screen captured above has the formatting of an Alert type of action, not an Update Request. I can tell because it highlights in yellow the changes made, and there's a note that says "Changes made by...". This only appears in an Alert request, whereas an Update Request does not have this language.

For example, I have two actions in my workflow. This one is an Alert:

This one, from the same Workflow, is the Update Request which would have a button:

Notice that the sentence at the bottom is different for the different actions. Can you check the full workflow to see if possibly this user is sending you the email they received as a Notification instead of a request?

Thanks!

Genevieve

• Hello @Genevieve P.

Thank you for pointing this out. This was actually helpful and I am able to resolve the issue. 😊

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Wonderful! I'm glad I could help.