Anyone know how to use "update row" in Bridge to add a Contact to a cell?

Options
Samuel Mueller
Samuel Mueller Overachievers
edited 06/15/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

I am trying to add a contact with the display value of a name, and the value of an email address. I am using the format in the bridge documentation but still getting an error. Anyone have success and an example of the correct format?

Thanks!

Tags:

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Samuel Mueller

If the column is set up in your sheet as a Contact column and the users you want to add are in your account as Contacts, all you need to do in bridge is add their Email Address as the Value!

Here's my example using Add Row:

And the end result in row 21 of my testing sheet:

The column will read the email address and turn it into the correct contact. If this hasn't helped, it would be useful to know what Smartsheet Module you're using, along with the error message you're receiving.

Thanks!

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Samuel Mueller

If the column is set up in your sheet as a Contact column and the users you want to add are in your account as Contacts, all you need to do in bridge is add their Email Address as the Value!

Here's my example using Add Row:

And the end result in row 21 of my testing sheet:

The column will read the email address and turn it into the correct contact. If this hasn't helped, it would be useful to know what Smartsheet Module you're using, along with the error message you're receiving.

Thanks!

Genevieve