Hyperlink in email notification directly to the relevant row

Julie Barbeau
Julie Barbeau ✭✭✭✭
edited 06/17/22 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi,

I use automation to send an alert to a contact when a task is for him. Problem is, when he receives the email notification, the hyperlink send it to the first row of the sheet, and not the sheet relevant to my automation.

Is there a way to modify hyperlink so it link directly with the row who generate the automation?

Thank you

Answers

• Hi @Julie Barbeau

Change-based workflows have the potential to send out multiple rows, which means the link to the sheet isn't able to identify which one of the rows that triggered the alert should be opened, as you've found. The row number will be included in the email information so they can find the correct row but the sheet link at the top will always be to the sheet in general.

I would personally suggest adding a filter on the sheet so that the user can quickly filter the sheet to see all rows assigned to them.

Please also submit your feature request to the Product team by creating an Idea Post in the Smartsheet Product Feedback and Ideas topic here in the Community. This will allow other users to vote on your enhancement idea!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now