Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Dynamic dropdowns - Waterfall request

Options

Comments

• Emmet McKenna
    Emmet McKenna ✭✭✭✭
    Options

https://ddupdate.com/ is a great solution for this. You can setup a sheet in Smartsheet with the list of what you want on the dropdown e.g. current employees. This can then be linked across multiple sheets, if a new employee starts you can add it to the one sheet and this will then update all the linked dropdowns.

• I will love you guys forever

• Randall Alberts CBRE
    Options

This is a great suggestion and something that I have asked about on several occasions. This is especially needed for some help desk applications where the application should help narrow down related help topics.

• Daniel Thacker
    Options

Adding my vote for conditional dropdown list.

• Dustin_berg
    Options

This would be helpful in our usage of Smartsheet for assigning tasks based on task assignments in other areas. This would reduce the number of people and items listed per dropdown.

• Ian_D
    Ian_D ✭✭
    Options

I'd like to express my support for this feature - considering the software is primarily designed for form completion, it seems only natural that this functionality should be included as an integral part of the solution.

• seifs4
    seifs4 ✭✭
    Options

I would also like to express my support for this feature, to dynamically populate a dropdown list based on the dropdown selection of another column.

• michelle.johnson@oliverwyman.com
    Options

Allow dynamic fill of dropdown in a form. When in a form, allow selection from a dropdown from a list of unique IDs (or anything other column) from the same sheet (or another sheet) that allows me to create a relationship (One to Many). The only way to do this currently is to lookup the ID from one sheet and enter it as a text field. They could enter the wrong ID. A dropdownlist would be so much better. Example:

1. Parent: Someone comes up with an idea and enters the idea on a form. The system assigns a unique ID 100
    2. Children: The idea has multiple people involved to complete the idea i.e. multiple actions and unique forms that are sent for update. They create a form for each action because each one has a unique owner and process. They have unique IDs 101,102,103. (Children)
    3. When creating the actions (children), I would like to select from a list of the parent unique IDs to associate it.

• Trang Nguyen
    Trang Nguyen ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I would add if dynamic/real time updatable drop downs can be implemented, if you could ensure all types are considered (i.e. symbols, dates, etc.) and also ensure conditional formatting can be built off the dynamic changes.

• kccheng
    kccheng ✭✭
    Options

We have multiple levels input need to be collected in form. Now Smartsheet only offer one level dropdown. Can Smartsheet develop a Dynamic dropdown option and auto populate feature?

• kfarrell
    kfarrell ✭✭✭
    Options

Not sure if Smartsheet is still looking into this, but we would also love the ability to have dynamic drop-down lists, especially in Forms! It would be super if a user could choose the date on a form and then only be offered choices in the drop-down menu of what is scheduled for that day.

Project Coordinator

• Matt Rasmussen
    Matt Rasmussen ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm shocked this feature request only has 160 votes so far. Every Smartsheet administrator should have voted for this by now. Maintaining dropdown lists is a huge productivity drain.