Use Cases or Best Practices: WorkApp Permissions vs. Sheet Permissions

Options
Chelsea LeBlanc
Chelsea LeBlanc ✭✭✭✭
edited 06/27/22 in Smartsheet Basics

I am just starting to dig into WorkApps and think it could be the perfect solve for my project. I'm trying to weigh the benefits of permission levels in WorkApps vs. on the source sheets within smartsheet.

My initial thought is that only those who own or influence the over process and intent of the app should have access beyond the WorkApp permission levels.

I would be interested in hear your use cases and thoughts. I realize I could change any of those permissions at any time but it would be helpful going into it as I map out the workings.

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Chelsea LeBlanc

I agree with you: it makes sense to restrict the Smartsheet App permissions to only those who own the process.

Since you can adjust permissions at any time, my recommendation would be to start off more conservative... give most of your collaborators the lowest permissions or no permissions in Smartsheet. Then you can upgrade them on a case-by-case basis if they require different functionality. This should give you a good idea of what permissions may be best the next time!

Cheers,

Genevieve