How Can I Pull only row data based on a specific cell in the row meeting certain conditions

smithaa
smithaa ✭✭
edited 06/23/22 in Smartsheet Basics

In Excel I am able to use the below formula to pull row information into another sheet so that the only rows that are pulled meet the criteria of 1 conditon.

=IFERROR(INDEX('On Rent'!$A:$A,SMALL(IF(AM$1='On Rent'!$B:$B,ROW('On Rent'!$A:$A)-MIN(ROW('On Rent'!$B:$B))+1,""), ROW()-1)),"")

I am looking for a way to do this in smart sheet by pulling form one sheet to another. i.e. If my "On Rent" Sheet column A has 3 different rental contract numbers and I want in a new sheet to pull only the rental contract number 12345 and populate any data I want from only those rows that are 12345

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Have you looked into creating a row report?

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Emilio Wright
    Emilio Wright ✭✭✭✭✭

@smithaa Have you tried creating a workflow within the source sheet to copy the rows over to your second sheet? You can set condition paths to ensure that only the rows that match your requirements are copied over to the new sheet.

Tip: When using this approach I always create a helper column with Checkbox data-type to have this box checked by the same workflow after it runs to avoid having the same row copied over to the second sheet multiple times.

If you need to do this on a recurring basis for the same row, you will need to use the Auto-Number rows duplicate check column.