Emily T.
Emily T. ✭✭✭✭
edited 06/23/22 in Formulas and Functions

Hi,

I'm trying to count rows from another cell that meet the following criteria:

• In Progress
  • In a specific Department
  • The Project Manager cell is not blank

I've figured out the formula for the first two, but I'm stuck trying to add the Not Blank part. Below, Range 3 is my Department, Range 2 is the status, and Range 1 is the Project Manager column.

=COUNTIFS({cPMO Dashboard Range 3}, "Corp Dev", {cPMO Dashboard Range 2}, ="In Progress", NOT(ISBLANK({cPMO Dashboard Range 1})))

I'd be grateful for any assistance.

Thank you!

Tags:

Best Answer

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hey @Emily T.

Try this

=COUNTIFS({cPMO Dashboard Range 3}, "Corp Dev", {cPMO Dashboard Range 2}, ="In Progress", {cPMO Dashboard Range 1}, NOT(ISBLANK(@cell)))

or,

=COUNTIFS({cPMO Dashboard Range 3}, "Corp Dev", {cPMO Dashboard Range 2}, ="In Progress", {cPMO Dashboard Range 1}, <>"")

The last one is typically how I write it as it is less typing and less parentheses

Kelly

Answers

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hey @Emily T.

Try this

=COUNTIFS({cPMO Dashboard Range 3}, "Corp Dev", {cPMO Dashboard Range 2}, ="In Progress", {cPMO Dashboard Range 1}, NOT(ISBLANK(@cell)))

or,

=COUNTIFS({cPMO Dashboard Range 3}, "Corp Dev", {cPMO Dashboard Range 2}, ="In Progress", {cPMO Dashboard Range 1}, <>"")

The last one is typically how I write it as it is less typing and less parentheses

Kelly

• Emily T.
    Emily T. ✭✭✭✭

Thank you! I used your second formula. I had tried a few variations of that but think I had left the second quote off at the end. Much appreciated!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!