formula not showing Dollar symbol

Options
Bobby1
Bobby1 ✭✭✭✭
edited 06/23/22 in Formulas and Functions

I have column (B) join collect Items @row.

I have Column (C) join collecting multiple Column (B) items based on unique values.

=JOIN([Cost Center]3:[Rec'd Approval From 2]3, "-")

I would like to have the dollar symbol in Column (A) to be present in columns (B) & (C)

=IF(ISBLANK([unique.invoice]@row), "", JOIN(COLLECT(collect:collect, [Invoice No.]:[Invoice No.], [unique.invoice]@row), CHAR(10)))

Tags:

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Bobby1

I hope you're well and safe!

You'll have to add the dollar sign as part of the formula to have it included.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Bobby1
    Bobby1 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Andrée Starå Thank you for responding. Looking at the 2 formulas I provided, where would I put the $ sign?

I have column (B) join collect Items @row.

I have Column (C) join collecting multiple Column (B) items based on unique values.

=JOIN([Cost Center]3:[Rec'd Approval From 2]3, "-")

I would like to have the dollar symbol in Column (A) to be present in columns (B) & (C)

=IF(ISBLANK([unique.invoice]@row), "", JOIN(COLLECT(collect:collect, [Invoice No.]:[Invoice No.], [unique.invoice]@row), CHAR(10)))

• Vera
    Vera ✭✭✭
    Options

I have a similar issue. When I use the formula below, the output comes out as a regular number, not currency with the $ symbol. Each "Helper Column" is correctly formatted to show $. And I already ensured the format was set to currency for the output column (SPIFF Amount). Referring to the previous post, where do you add the $ sign?

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Vera

Try wrapping the VALUE function around each reference in case any of them are seen as text:

=VALUE([Helper Column <$5M]@row) + VALUE([Helper Column $5M - $10M]@row) + VALUE([Helper Column >$10M]@row)

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Vera
    Vera ✭✭✭
    Options

This works perfectly! Thank you so much!

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Awesome! Glad to hear it 🙂

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!