How do I search for duplicate data within a sheet?

Hello everyone! I am very new to Smartsheet and new to my position as a New Product Development Coordinator. My company utilizes Smartsheet to track new ideas for products as well as the progress of the projects done on them. We have a master sheet that all the ideas are filled into from a form showing who submitted the idea, what product line, and the idea itself. Part of my job responsibility is to check if the idea is a duplicate of another idea that is already within the master sheet/archive. Is there a way to search a sheet by keywords? That way, I could type in a few main words of new idea and see if those keywords were used in a prior submission.

Thank you!

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Alex Williamson

I hope you're well and safe!

Here are some options.

• Use CTRL+F or CMD+F to search in the sheet.
    • Use a cell or a Sheet Summary Field to add a search value and combine it with a formula on each row to check if it contains the value.

Would any of those options work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!