How can my Dashboard display hours instead of days?

I have a report that summarizes the hours assigned to each team member in my project., and a dashboard that shows that report's summary fields. However, this summary is in days. I would like to display it in hours (7.5 * days).

How do I do this?

My first guess was to create a new sheet that referenced the report's summary fields, then multiply those numbers by 7.5, then create a report that referenced that sheet, and then have the dashboard point to that new report.

However, it appears you cannot link to summary fields. This turns summary fields into merely a pretty picture, not an actual metric. Nor have I figured out how to copy and paste that collection of summary fields into Excel or even a text document where I could do some actual analysis on it.

Is there no way to turn a report of Summary fields into rows of numbers that I can use, other than manually typing each one into Excel?

Answers

• I did discover that if I Collapse all on my report, I can then copy and paste the summary fields to Excel.

But I haven't figured out how to create Summary fields on my project that mirror the Summaries in a report, so I can then apply formulas to them.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Are you able to provide screenshots for reference?

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• This is a report with the fields collapsed. I can select the Effort column and paste it into Excel, which gives me a list of numbers I can analyze.

However, I cannot figure out how to access those Effort numbers inside Smartsheets. For instance, I could have a sheet that multiplies them by 7.5 to turn them into hours, and then how to put that hours number on a Dashboard.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You would need to create a separate metrics sheet and use formulas with cross sheet references in this particular case.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com