Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Right click on Widgets to copy into Emails/Word etc

Richard Heath
Richard Heath ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Dashboards create some useful graphs and tables. Sometimes we need to communicate the graphs/tables in emails or in documents/reports.

It would be very handy to be able to right-click on a dashboard widget, select copy, and then paste into other software.

Currently, I use the Snip tool in Windows which is not always appropriate.

Tags:
6 votes

· Last Updated

Comments

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

What would the expected result be? Just a static version of the widget, or were you looking for more of a "live" version where every time I open the email you sent me the widget displays the most up to date data?

• Richard Heath
    Richard Heath ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Paul Newcome

Yeah, in my mind, just a static image that can be dropped into other applications.

I realise that the SnipIt tool can be used, but I would think users are used to right-clicking on web-based images and being presented with options to copy and save.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Ah. Ok. So you aren't necessarily wanting to grab the widget itself but more of an image of the widget.

This bit made it click for me:

"users are used to right-clicking on web-based images and being presented with options to copy and save"

• Leibel S
    Leibel S ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Also option to copy the text...

• Richard Heath
    Richard Heath ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hello @Genevieve P.

I received some notifications overnight suggesting that the status as changed. I can't identify what has changed for this item - and the yellow vote box has now disappeared.

On a side note, I've just raised a new idea, and the ability to vote up has disappeared and the filtering of New, Hot, Top ideas has gone too.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Richard Heath

Thanks for the tag and the screen capture, this is really helpful! We are experiencing a few technical issues with the Ideation space as of July 14th. The Support team is currently investigating the blank notifications, like the ones you received, but in order to do so we had to turn off the ability to vote from within the post or create a new "Idea" (versus Discussion or Question).

Once we've applied a fix, I'll go through any new Discussions and change them into Ideas so that members can vote on them in the future.

In the meantime, you should be able to vote on ideas from the main list feed in the Product Feedback and Ideas Category, just not within the post itself.

I'll keep you all updated on this!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Richard Heath

Just a brief note to let you know that you should now see the ability to Vote from within a post again, and you should be able to create an "Idea" type of post from within this Category.

Thanks!

Genevieve