Copying specific rows when specific dates are reached

Options

I have built out multiple schedules on smartsheet for a couple of different departments. I'd like to copy all the rows of the different sheets for all the employees working that day to a centralized sheet. Then after 24 hours, the sheet gets wiped and it starts over. I'm looking through the workflows and I'm not quite sure which ones to do.

I'm worried that it will pull the entire year schedule every day, if that makes sense. I just need it to roll everyday only for the shifts of that day.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

• Michael Culley
    Michael Culley ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

To clear the sheet daily, there's a template category of "Sheet Changes" and the one you want to select is "Clear a cell value when specified criteria are met". The Trigger would be "when a date is reached". Change "Run Once" to "Custom". Make it repeat every day at like 1am or whatever you want. Select the columns you want to be cleared.

To copy the rows to your master sheet, use the template under category "Sheet to Sheet Workflows", Copy a row to another sheet when specified criteria are met.

Trigger will be "when a date is reached", change "run once" to "custom" and make it daily at 2am for example. For the condition, use your date column and the condition is "is today".

Pretty sure this should do the trick.

• Michael Culley
    Michael Culley ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

So on each of your different sheets, you would want to add the automation of "Sheet to Sheet Workflows"-"Copy a row to another sheet" that triggers daily and the condition points to your date column checking whether the date is "today".

On your master sheet, that's where you'll put the clear sheet daily automation.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!