How to Implement Time Reporting and Assignment in SmartSheet?

Suneel
Suneel ✭✭
edited 07/05/22 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi Everyone,

I hope you are doing well.

I have a question. I have maintained 2 sheets, one for Project Assignment to Resources and one for Resources Time Reporting.

In first sheet (Project Assignment), I assigned Projects to Resources on Weekly basis.

In the second sheet (Time Reporting for Resources), I have maintained form. In this form, I need to implement the projects, which are assigned in the first sheet (Project Assignment).

How can I Implement this?

Please do needful...

Thanks in advance....

Tags:

Answers

• Julio S.
    Julio S. Moderator

Hi @Suneel,

From what you explain it sounds like you'd like to implement a project creation system based of an initial project intake sheet where all projects are listed and assigned to resources.

If your account doesn't have Control Center to automate this process, you may want to create Project template sheet(s) that each resource can download to track their project progress. 

Our Solution Center also offers some template packages that can help building this solution - "Project Management Office" is a good example of this.

If this doesn't fully relate to what you are trying to build or you'd need further advise, please make sure to include some captures of your sheets (ensuring that any confidential data has been previously hidden).

I hope that this can be of help.

Cheers! 

Julio