Linking or Grouping cards

Richard Griffiths
edited 07/06/22 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi,

I have set up a new card sheet which pulls in all our problem report and displays them.

What i would like to do is to Link Card that will be resloved by the same fix. Therefore moving along the swimlanes togther.

The current form has the Problem Report number , Fix number and Status.

Any ideas or help would be great.

Thanks

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Richard Griffiths

I hope you're well and safe!

Interesting!

Can you share some more information on how it should work? Would you have a Parent/Main task, and how would you know they are connected?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hi,

Yes I would like enter the fix number in one of the PR's and set that to master.

Maybe somthing like this:

Have a Master / Child Flag for each card. Could possibly be done in a Column.

Setting the master flag would all the user to select from any of the Non master PR's. Could be done my having a multi select Column called "LINKED" which inherit its list from the PR Column but filters out masters.

Child PR's selected would have there Flag set to Child and the "LINKED" column set to the master PR Number. From this point forward any change in the master or the child satus would be linked.

This could also work in reverse,

Setting the Child flag would all the user to select from any of the master PR's. Could be done my having a single select Column called "LINKED" which inherit its list from the PR Column but filters out children.

If the PR selected is already a master then the Child PR would be appened to the "LINKED" column

If the PR is not a master then the selected PR would be have it FLAG set to MASTER and CHILD added to the "LINKED column.

Hope this makes sense.