With User Auto-Provisioning enabled, what upgrade options does an unlicensed user see?

Options
Jeff Reisman
Jeff Reisman ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 07/06/22 in Smartsheet Basics

I've had several cases lately where an unlicensed user hits Upgrade and selects "Try it free for 30 days." Then they create some sheets, start using them with their colleagues, and don't realize that when the trial ends, these sheets turn read only. I don't want users to be able to do that when logged in with an email address in our company domain.

I know that to enable user auto-provisioning, we have to verify our domain, and get our parent company to add a DNS entry for us. But before I go through that hassle, will automatically provisioning users in our email domain as unlicensed users in our Enterprise account deactivate that trial license capability?

Or would it be easier to enable a custom Upgrade screen? (And for custom upgrade screen, do I need to verify the Domain? And can the custom Upgrade screen be a link to a Smartsheet form where they can create a license request ticket?)

Regards,

Jeff Reisman

Link: Smartsheet Functions Help Pages Link: Smartsheet Formula Error Messages

If my answer helped solve your issue, please mark it as accepted so that other users can find it later. Thanks!

Best Answer

• Jeff Reisman
    Jeff Reisman ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

With some help from Support, I have the answer to this.

Adding unlicensed users to your account, either manually or via auto-provisioning, removes the "Try it free for 30 days" trial license prompt from their screens. That's good! It also lets the users see your account's custom upgrade screen, if enabled. (If custom upgrade screen is not enabled, clicking the Upgrade button brings up a prompt to email the System Admins for your org and request a license.)

So User Auto-Provisioning means no unlicensed user with a login from my email domain will ever see the "Try it free for 30 days" prompt. And my custom Upgrade URL will send any users requesting a license to my internal license request form.

Regards,

Jeff Reisman

If my answer helped solve your issue, please mark it as accepted so that other users can find it later. Thanks!

Answers

• Jeff Reisman
    Jeff Reisman ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

With some help from Support, I have the answer to this.

Adding unlicensed users to your account, either manually or via auto-provisioning, removes the "Try it free for 30 days" trial license prompt from their screens. That's good! It also lets the users see your account's custom upgrade screen, if enabled. (If custom upgrade screen is not enabled, clicking the Upgrade button brings up a prompt to email the System Admins for your org and request a license.)

So User Auto-Provisioning means no unlicensed user with a login from my email domain will ever see the "Try it free for 30 days" prompt. And my custom Upgrade URL will send any users requesting a license to my internal license request form.

Regards,

Jeff Reisman