System Dates in Copied Sheet

Hello,

I will be using gathered data from a sheet to create two new sheets (I am separating an existing process into two new ones). I copied the sheet using Save as New to create the second sheet and I will be modifying the existing one.

My challenge is all the system dates - Created Date, Modified Date - changed to today in the copied sheet. This affects my formula in the Age of Request column.

Is there a way that I can keep the System Dates so I don't need to create extra columns for the past dates and change the Age of Request formula?

Thank you!

Best Answer

• Anelise Wilhelm
    Anelise Wilhelm ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Ketch Pablo I think I found a solution for you. Follow these steps:

1- Save SheetA as SheetB --> During this process, uncheck the options regarding Data).

2- Or, delete all rows in SheetB.

3- In SheetA, create a checkbox column called CopyRowNow.

4- In SheetA, create an automation Move rows to another sheet when specified criteria are met:

4a- Trigger: When rows are changed

4b- When: CopyRowNow changes to CHECKED

4c- Run Workflow: When triggered

4d- In the Move Rows block, select SheetB --> you can also change this action to Copy Rows to test first.

4e- Save the automation

5- In SheetA, select the checkbox of CopyRowNow column for a few rows and save the sheet.

6- Open SheetB, note that the creation date has been copied over but the modified date.

Let me know if this worked for you 😃

Answers

• Anelise Wilhelm
    Anelise Wilhelm ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Ketch Pablo I think I found a solution for you. Follow these steps:

1- Save SheetA as SheetB --> During this process, uncheck the options regarding Data).

2- Or, delete all rows in SheetB.

3- In SheetA, create a checkbox column called CopyRowNow.

4- In SheetA, create an automation Move rows to another sheet when specified criteria are met:

4a- Trigger: When rows are changed

4b- When: CopyRowNow changes to CHECKED

4c- Run Workflow: When triggered

4d- In the Move Rows block, select SheetB --> you can also change this action to Copy Rows to test first.

4e- Save the automation

5- In SheetA, select the checkbox of CopyRowNow column for a few rows and save the sheet.

6- Open SheetB, note that the creation date has been copied over but the modified date.

Let me know if this worked for you 😃

• Ketch Pablo
    Ketch Pablo ✭✭✭

Hi @Anelise Wilhelm ,

This makes so much sense! I will give it a try and let you know if I encounter any kinks.

Thank you so much.