Pre-filled fields in form

Options

Hi SS Community

Is there a way to pre fill form fields (Read Only) from SF by 'email look up'?

Or another option that would aid is when a new row is added for a look up to search using email in salesforce and retrieve data into mapped columns of that row?

Detailed - All our clients already have membership and is in our Salesforce database, but they can apply for different products. Because we already have the details and interests specific to the client we only want the client to complete the custom questions related to the product they apply for, and skip the interest data we already have - We need to access preexisting data from salesforce internally only in order to make a call about a product, and the information we want to acquire will help us do that without going back and forth from smartsheets to salesforce. (We will also map these fields in emails to the row entries and share status tracking for all products they have applied for)

Thank you in advance :)

Tags:

Best Answer

• Brent Wilson
    Brent Wilson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

There is no functionality I know of that would allow for

A quick and dirty workaround:

Depending on how many clients you have is to create a form for each and load their data as default values and make them hidden.

Then you send Client 1 one form and client 2 a different form.

I did this for contractors for submitting invoices but I only had 10 or so..

If you are anything over that it can become a bit unruly.

Another idea:

You could also create a separate grid of your appropriate salesforce data and then use lookups from the master table based on something like the email domain.

You could strip the domain from the email using something like "=RIGHT([email]@row, "@", [email]@row) - 1)"

So if the user put Bob@salesforce.com it would then VLookup on salesforce.com

You could then pull the data from your salesforce grid into this grid.

• You could have a maintenance function to export the grid on a timely basis so it is up to date
    • You could look at the Salesforce Connector or Data Table depending on the cost/benefit to keep those tables up to date
    • Another good practice is to create a workflow to catch bad data for example like where it has an email but the data is blank indicating a problem with the VLookup or the dataset in the Grid

Brent C. Wilson, P.Eng, PMP, Prince2

Facilityy Professional Services Inc.

http://www.facilityy.com

Answers

• Brent Wilson
    Brent Wilson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

There is no functionality I know of that would allow for

A quick and dirty workaround:

Depending on how many clients you have is to create a form for each and load their data as default values and make them hidden.

Then you send Client 1 one form and client 2 a different form.

I did this for contractors for submitting invoices but I only had 10 or so..

If you are anything over that it can become a bit unruly.

Another idea:

You could also create a separate grid of your appropriate salesforce data and then use lookups from the master table based on something like the email domain.

You could strip the domain from the email using something like "=RIGHT([email]@row, "@", [email]@row) - 1)"

So if the user put Bob@salesforce.com it would then VLookup on salesforce.com

You could then pull the data from your salesforce grid into this grid.

• You could have a maintenance function to export the grid on a timely basis so it is up to date
    • You could look at the Salesforce Connector or Data Table depending on the cost/benefit to keep those tables up to date
    • Another good practice is to create a workflow to catch bad data for example like where it has an email but the data is blank indicating a problem with the VLookup or the dataset in the Grid

Brent C. Wilson, P.Eng, PMP, Prince2

Facilityy Professional Services Inc.

http://www.facilityy.com

• NDG
    NDG ✭✭
    Options

Hi Brent

Thank you so much for taking the time to help 😊

Brilliant I think option two would be best with Vlookup will give it a shot! our base is over 32000 😓😁