Sort Disable

Hello Guys.

I was wondering if you can help me with this, I'm having an issue with the sorting of a sheet, it has at least 2200+ entries, and somehow or someone (I have like 20 people working on it), sorted it and now people here lost track of where they were working. Data didn't move at all.

Is there a way I can lock that? so no one can sort it again? and it stays the way I set it the very first time? Also is there a way I can sort it back to how it was when we started working?

Thanks,

CP

Best Answer

• Mike TV
    Mike TV ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@cperez

I think one option might be to create a report of the sheet that they access. You can still change cell values from within a report. This way you set the report's sort settings when you create the report and then only people with Admin access can change the report's sort settings. Editors will be able to change values in cells but not the sort the report settings have.

Regarding getting your sort view back on the actual sheet, if it was sorted by the default it'd be sorted by date/time added to the sheet. You could create a system column with the create date/time and then once that's on the sheet you could try sorting it by that.

Answers

• Mike TV
    Mike TV ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@cperez

I think one option might be to create a report of the sheet that they access. You can still change cell values from within a report. This way you set the report's sort settings when you create the report and then only people with Admin access can change the report's sort settings. Editors will be able to change values in cells but not the sort the report settings have.

Regarding getting your sort view back on the actual sheet, if it was sorted by the default it'd be sorted by date/time added to the sheet. You could create a system column with the create date/time and then once that's on the sheet you could try sorting it by that.