Removing Duplicates from Contact List

I have a SmartSheet grid that has multiple Contact columns using type "Contact List".

There are duplicate contacts shown in User Contact List, which I am trying to clean up.

When I go to "Account, My SmartSheet Contacts", the functionality in that window seems to allow me to delete or edit "My Contacts". HOWEVER, when I go back to the supporting grid and refresh the browser, I do NOT see those modified contact entries.

Is there another Contact List for my grid that I cannot access? Why aren't updates to the name field showing in the grid after editing?

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Because those are "your" contacts as opposed to Smartsheet contacts. You would need to edit the column properties.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• OK. So there are multiple (at least two?) Contact Lists? One "personal" and on "system" or "grid" or "workspace" specific?

How do I manage and "clean up" the non-personal Contact List? Where can I access that data for cleanup/correction?

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

In the column properties. If you double click on the column header, there should be a list of every name used in the column.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• That method worked for columns that had a few entries, but for columns having a larger number of entries, they weren't displayed. So, I was able to solve part of my issue, but not the majority of the changes that I'd like to make. Any other suggestions?

• itsnotbroken
    itsnotbroken ✭✭✭✭✭

I have old email addresses in my Smartsheet contacts that keep coming up in construction schedules and other sheets. This is causing a TON of missed notifications and other errors.

The icon looks correct when looking at the sheet, but it's the old (dead) email address of the vendor. I have fixed this several times, but for some reason the bad address populates to other sheets.

I need to DELETE the entry everywhere. Period.

Is there any way to do this?