Is there any way to update/add comments to submitted smartsheet form?

Friend1234
edited 07/25/22 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi,

I created a smartsheet form to gather data from various users throughout my organization and it gets added to our intake sheet. However, there are few occurrences where the data is inaccurate or incomplete. In such scenarios, rather than asking them to resubmit the new form and deleting the old entry in the Intake sheet manually, I would like to find if there is any workaround to make the old form available to users to update it directly.

I cannot share the Intake sheet as it contains some confidential data too. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Answers

• Mike TV
    Mike TV ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Friend1234

How about creating an Automation with a Request an Update when specific fields are left blank?

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Friend1234

I hope you're well and safe!

To add to Mike's excellent advice/answer.

Here are other options that could filter what the users could see, so they would only see their submissions and the columns/information that isn't confidential.

• Premium App, Dynamic View
    • Premium App, WorkApps

Would any of those options work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.