Multiple answer sets in one drop down column?

Is there a way to have multiple answer sets in a column when building an assessment form? For example, if the answer to question 1 is either 'yes' or 'no', and the answer to question 2 is a choice from 'never', 'rarely', 'sometimes'... If the questions are listed in column 1, can column 2 be set up for multiple answer sets?

Best Answers

• MedaUser
    MedaUser ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

If I'm following the question correctly, I think no. Forms only interpret columns as questions. You cannot set rows as a question in a form. For example, if you have a 25 question form, you will need 25 columns.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Everett

I hope you're well and safe!

Here's a possible workaround or workarounds

• You could maybe add multiple columns combined with the Form Logic feature.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Answers

• MedaUser
    MedaUser ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

If I'm following the question correctly, I think no. Forms only interpret columns as questions. You cannot set rows as a question in a form. For example, if you have a 25 question form, you will need 25 columns.

• Thank you. Your answer helps. What I was hoping for is to be able to have a selectable set of answers that was different depending on the question. For example, column one has 20 questions, five of which require 'yes' or 'no' answers. So, if a column 1, row 1 question gives a choice of four answers and I set it up in column 2 to have those four options, I cannot make column 2, row 2 have 'yes' or 'no' as a selectable choice instead for that question?

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Everett

I hope you're well and safe!

Here's a possible workaround or workarounds

• You could maybe add multiple columns combined with the Form Logic feature.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.