selecting multiple values in dropdown using url query string

Options

Hi I'm trying to get multiple values into a form using url query string. I have created a formula.

=URL string to form? + "PBM=" + IF([PBM 5]@row; "value 1" + "&" + "PBM=" + IF([PBM 7]@row; "value 2")+ "&" + "PBM=" + IF([PBM 8]@row; "value 3"))

The form has vertical checkboxes and the column is a dropdown with multiple select.

I do not get the values to be selected, I have used different way's but no result.

any tips?

Tags:

Best Answer

• Hilbert Kok
    Hilbert Kok ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi thanks for your response. The IF function is only a part of the total formula. I figured out why it did not work. The destination form had remark fields filled that had different names then the column names, apparently the remarks field overrules the column names in case of a url. Cleaning out all remarks field, did the trick.

Answers

• Neil Watson
    Neil Watson ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Hilbert Kok, I would move the 3 "IF" statements into 3 helper columns and see what values those return. Then add these together in the formula.

The IF functions also don't look correct, the logical expression in particular: IF( logical_expression, value_if_true, [value_if_false, ] )

• Hilbert Kok
    Hilbert Kok ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi thanks for your response. The IF function is only a part of the total formula. I figured out why it did not work. The destination form had remark fields filled that had different names then the column names, apparently the remarks field overrules the column names in case of a url. Cleaning out all remarks field, did the trick.