Can I set up a default value on a form to be the last entry on a submitted form?

Example: Joe is submitting form after form during work re. Instead of him having to select his name from the drop down every time, could I have it default to the last person submitting. When Jen takes over, her name will default after she submits.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Matt C.

I hope you're well and safe!

I'd recommend changing the form settings, so they need to be logged in to access the form, and you'll automatically get who the submitter was.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Matt C.
    Matt C. ✭✭✭

I tried that. Doesn't work. It's a little hard to explain. Think of a person repetetively submitting a form through out the day. There are dropdown fields in that form with multiple choices. Once the form is submitted and another blank form reloads, I want to have the fields default value be the last value they submitted. So in the example below, the user can select from 50+ aisles. Chances are very good that the next ten+ submissions will be from the same aisle number (say 61). Can I have the next form that reloads have the last submission value as it's default? Make sense?

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Matt C.

Ah, now I follow what you mean!

Unfortunately, it's not possible now, but it's an excellent idea!

Please submit this as a Product Feedback or Idea (If it hasn't been added already) when you have a moment.

Here's a possible workaround or workarounds (that might help)

• I developed a solution using two forms (or the same form by using conditional logic) that can be used to submit the main information and then the other information on a new row for each submission after the first.

My method would still not keep the last value, but it would group the submissions and might be helpful.

Would that work/help?

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.