Master File sending selected columns to new consolidated sheet

Options

Hello all,

I'm quite new to smartsheet and I'm trying to find advice on consolidating data. I have a sales report that comes out of my ERP that has info on orders for multiple customers, sales data, delivery dates and plus loads of extra data. I wanted to upload this master file once a week to smartsheet and then have another sheet pull selected (not all columns) columns over to a new report or sheet but only for an individual customer. Can anyone give me advice on how to start looking at doing this? My goal is to be able to share a clean file with my customer only for their orders but I'm really not sure how to get started.

Thank you

Aaron

Tags:

Answers

• Matthew_Lanterman
    Matthew_Lanterman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @AClarke,

Depending on how large your initial file is, you can upload your source data into a sheet, and then use the sheet to build reports from. Reports can pull selected columns in from the 'source sheet', and you can add filters to show just one customer.

Once you have the report built as you want, you can do a 'save as new' on the report, and then change the filter for each new customer you want a report for.

Then, you can schedule the report(s) to be sent to the customer as a .pdf or Excel doc. (File -> Send as Attachment)

Here is a link to a good help article on reports. Smartsheet University is a great resource if you are just starting out, but does have a cost associated. Your CSM can also help guide you to other resources on Smartsheet.

You may also want to look into Data Shuttle, which would help get information into Smartsheet.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @AClarke

I hope you're well and safe!

To add to Matthew's excellent advice/answer.

• You could use cross-sheet formulas combined with either a VLOOKUP or INDEX/MATCH structure to connect the sheets, and when you update the source sheet, it will reflect on the destination sheet.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• AClarke
    Options

Hello Matthew & Andree,

Thank you so much for your feedback.

I have been looking at the ideas that you have presented and I seem to have been able to make something work.

I appreciate you taking the time to reply :)

Wish you both the best.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@AClarke

Excellent!

You're more than welcome!

Please support the Community by marking the post(s) that helped or answered your question or solved your problem with the accepted answer/helpful, Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!