How do I create a widget from results based off stars

I created a form to get results for a menu we were tasting

I have all of the results but I now want to display the results to show how many people liked the dish / didnt like the dish etc..

How do I do this ideally in a graph

Answers

• Amit Wadhwani
    Amit Wadhwani ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Julieann

You can use below formula in a new column to convert rating into a number, and then use the number. Create summary field to count the occurrences of each number. These summary fields can be used to create a widget on dashboard.

=IF([ColumnName]# = 1, "1", IF([ColumnName]# = 2, "2", IF([ColumnName]# = 3, "3", IF([ColumnName]# = 4, "4", IF([ColumnName]# = 5, "5")))))

Best Regards

Amit Wadhwani, Smartsheet CoE, Ignatiuz Software, Exton, PA

https://www.linkedin.com/in/amitinddr/

Best Regards
    Amit Wadhwani
    , Smartsheet Community Champion
    Smartsheet CoE, Ignatiuz, Inc., Exton, PA

Did this answer help you? Show some love by marking this answer as "Insightful
    💡" or "Awesome ❤️" and "Vote Up ⬆️"https://www.linkedin.com/in/amitinddr/

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 08/19/22

Hi @Julieann

I hope you're well and safe!

To add to Amit's excellent advice/answer.

If you want the result to be a number, you'd have to remove the " " surrounding the numbers because otherwise, Smartsheet will read it as text.

Like this.

=IF([ColumnName]# = 1, 1, IF([ColumnName]# = 2, 2, IF([ColumnName]# = 3, 3, IF([ColumnName]# = 4, 4, IF([ColumnName]# = 5, 5)))))

Did that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• hi there,

Thank you for your help. I did end up using powerpoint in the end because I couldnt resolve the issue in time. I have used the form again now though and would love to create a dashboard!

MY feedback was captured using the star option in the form so rate your meal out of 5 stars - what is the best way to display this? baring in mind there was 17 different items tasted.

Any help would be appreciated.