Formula Help with CountIf from another sheet

Options

I'm trying to get the total count from a column in another sheet. The column is a drop down list and I'd like to get the count of a particular selection. I keep getting #unparseable no matter what I try. Here is my current formula.

=COUNTIF({Source Sheet Column}:{Source Sheet Column},CONTAINS("Discovery",{Source Sheet column}@row))

My hope is that I will get the total count of rows that contain 'Discovery'. in the identified column from the source sheet.

Tags:

Best Answer

• jtfox76
    jtfox76
    Answer ✓
    Options

So I figured out an interim solution here using the formula below. Essentiallly I have a metric sheet where I keep all my formulas. The drawback to the solution, if I have to maintain the data in the metric sheet. Ideally, I can pull the information from the source sheet and use some formula language to get the count.

=COUNTIF({Source sheet column}, Summarysheetcellnameandnumber)

FWIW, I figured this out from the Templet Set - Facilities Management. Below is an example of the forumla from that template set.

=COUNTIF({Sheet - Work Order Requests - Range_WO Type}, Primary13)

Answers

• jtfox76
    jtfox76
    Answer ✓
    Options

So I figured out an interim solution here using the formula below. Essentiallly I have a metric sheet where I keep all my formulas. The drawback to the solution, if I have to maintain the data in the metric sheet. Ideally, I can pull the information from the source sheet and use some formula language to get the count.

=COUNTIF({Source sheet column}, Summarysheetcellnameandnumber)

FWIW, I figured this out from the Templet Set - Facilities Management. Below is an example of the forumla from that template set.

=COUNTIF({Sheet - Work Order Requests - Range_WO Type}, Primary13)

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!