Can I copy gantt lines from one sheet to another and retain structure?

Options
miikerom
miikerom ✭✭
edited 08/25/22 in Smartsheet Basics

I have not been successful in copying a project plan (gantt) rows from one sheet to another and retain all hierarchies, durations, progress, dependencies, etc. to make a seamless copy/paste without having to rebuild.

Tags:

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @miikerom

I hope you're well and safe!

Yes, I'm pretty sure you can. As long as the sheets are structured the same way and you copy a parent level, everything underneath will follow.

Would that work?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• miikerom
    Options

I found the command for 'copy to another sheet' which seemed to work better (although not as convenient for quick copy/paste) and it retained the indents (which I was having trouble with in the past) but didn't bring along the predecessors (which is super important). To note even if they are brought along I would need them to be relevant to the new sheet and not just value transfer. So I guess that is my only real hold-up is that the predecessors do not come along with this method.

• Christian G.
    Christian G. ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

One solution would be to match the lines in the file you want to copy to where they will be when pasted. For example, if row 1 of the original is to be pasted onto row 6, add 5 blank rows above row 1.  

Then you can simply copy and paste the predecessor column and the rows will match. 

This is not elegant, but it saves time.