Docusign developer account and smartsheet integration?

Hi,

I have a docusign developer account and I am trying to connect it to the document builder / docusign integration in my sheet. I try to log in but it will not let me. I believe this is due to my account being a docusign developer account. Does anyone have any advice on how to connect the accounts?

Answers

• Hi @MegBurns23

Can you clarify what you mean when you say it will not "let you"? Are you receiving an error message from Smartsheet or DocuSign? It would be helpful to see a screen capture of that error message as you're trying to log in, but please block out sensitive data.

In case this is a permissions problem:

• In Smartsheet, you will need to be licensed on an Enterprise account with at least Admin (or Owner) permissions on the sheet.
    • In DocuSign, you must be able to Allow users to send envelopes and Create templates.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• SunnySingh
    SunnySingh ✭✭
    edited 03/21/23

I am having the same issue with DocuSign. I just signed up for a dev account to test out some e-signature workflows and when I try to connect to Docusign to create a doc generation template in Smartsheet I get a username/password error on the DocuSign login.

I have no issues logging into Docusign with the same creds and have also changed the pw several times.

We have a Smartsheet's enterprise account and are the only user in the DocuSign account and listed as the DS Admin... any thoughts?

• Hi @SunnySingh

Have you tested trying another browser to see if this helps you gain access?

If not, can you check to see if you have any security software blocking the traffic (potentially try switching off VPN to check if the issue persists, and try another network).

If that hasn't helped, please work with Smartsheet Support so you can troubleshoot this via a private channel and provide more detailed information.

Thank you!

Genevieve

• I heard back from DocuSign and the Smartsheet integration only works in the production environment not the developers.

I started a free trial and was able to set this up with no issues.