How do I duplicate a form?

I would like a second form for my sheet that is very similar to the initial form I have created, but I do not see a way to duplicate the form, so I can make minor modifications. Do I need to recreate my current form from scratch? Or is there an easy way to duplicate a form? Thanks!

Tags:

Best Answer

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Heather Collins

I hope you're well and safe!

It's under the hamburger menu. (see below)

Did that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Oh my goodness, it must be a Friday. When I clicked on the hamburger menu earlier, it was taking me straight into the form, not giving me a menu. But now it is working exactly as your screenshot shows. Thank you!

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Heather Collins

Excellent! Easy to miss!

Happy to help!

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• I click "duplicate form" and gives me a copy of my original form. But, any changes I made on the duplicate form also change the original form. HELP!

• Hi @CAllen08

Can you clarify what changes you're making to the form?

Is it possible that you're changing column details (such as dropdown choices) which adjust the underlying sheet and all associated forms?

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• @Genevieve P. Yes! I am changing dropdown choices. I now assume that I can't do that? Is there a workaround?

Issue is this --- I am having people choose a type of request from a dropdown menu. Two of the types of request do not require that a document be attached to the form, but the other types do require an attachment. So I was trying to create two forms - one that contains types of request that do not require an attachment and another form that contains types of request that do require an attachment (so I can make the attachment field a required field on this form).

• Hi @CAllen08

Ah, thank you for clarifying! Changing the dropdown list updates the sheet's dropdown list in that column overall, so it will update the other forms associated with that sheet.

What I would do in this instance is have two different columns in the sheet. One for your first form, the other for your second form. You can make sure only the relevant column is selected and surfaced in each form.

Then if you want the submissions displayed in the same column, you could use a formula to bring over the content that was submitted and hide the two helper columns used in your form. For example:

=IF([Dropdown 1]@row = "", [Dropdown 2]@row, [Dropdown 1]@row)

Let me know if that makes sense and will work for you!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• @Genevieve P. Got it! It worked. Thank you!