join(collect) e-mail addresses with multiple e-mail addresses is not recognized as e-mail address.

Please see attachment for explanation of the problem. I hope somebody can help me with this. i have tried several way's, but unable to get it to work.

The purpose is controlling access to a dynamic sheet, where based on an account the user can only see his account data and not other accounts. Because the employees switch/leafe/join the company i use a reference sheet where i manage the user per account and then based on the join(collect) define which account your working for and determing if you get access.

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately Smartsheet is not currently capable of outputting multiple contacts in a single cell via formula.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Hilbert Kok
    Hilbert Kok ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Paul, Thanks for your answer, not a satisfying off course, ;-) Do you have a suggestion how to restrict the view for users on an account. let's say account A has 3 employees, account B has 5 employees, i don't want Account A to see data from Account B. The only way to do that is by e-mail address. If I can not have multiple e-mail addresses in a cell, what is the alternative, that is easy to manage?

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You can have multiple email addresses in a cell. You just cannot populate them via formula. If you have a column that denotes Team A vs Team B, you can use a change cell automation/assign someone automation.

Another option would be to manually list them in the same cell in your reference sheet and then use an INDEX/MATCH to bring them over so that you are only bringing over a single cell as opposed to joining multiple cells.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com