Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Row automation - add to top of sheet

2»

Comments

• Moruza
    Moruza ✭✭✭

Is there a timeline for this requested feature of having the option to select whether the new rows get added to the top or the bottom of the destination sheet?

• kcollins
    kcollins ✭✭✭✭

Yes, this being an option for forms is a huge benefit to us and it would increase our efficiency if we could see this option in automations as well.

• Bump... @Genevieve P. I see you listed as the Community Manager. Is there someone that can look at this request? It seems like I am far from the first user to want this feature.

• Hey @Nick Gagnon

Thanks for the tag! The Product team has reviewed this request and their current statement under the Status bar on page 1 of this post is still correct:

While this isn't on our roadmap right now, it's definitely something we're looking into. Keep upvoting this, and your other ideas, to help us prioritize!

It helps the product team to know why a specific request is receiving votes - so any time you vote on a request if you also leave a comment explaining your use-case and exactly how it would benefit your process that would be ideal.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Thank you Genevieve, that is very helpful! I can definitely do that!

• My use case for this issue is to keep consistency in multiple sheet workflows. I have a collection sheet that uses an intake form and provides new entries to the top of the sheet. Then I have another sheet that is used as an active items board. The active items sheet takes copies of rows from the first sheet only if certain conditions apply. My teams use both sheets for different uses but having the information show up the same way would help ease confusion. And in both scenarios it is easiest for the teams to see the newest entries at the top of the sheet.

• Please fix the issue when rows are auto moved into a new sheet they go a few lines to the bottom of that sheet. This is a problem! Thank you!

• This is a massive issue! When formulas always find the first match then stop we either need full control of where a row is automatically added to a sheet or how a sheet is sorted.

• I used a work around for this issue , added a created date column in recipient sheet and sorted it ascending (most recent on top)

worked for me ☺️

• JIDEATTURRA
    JIDEATTURRA ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Yes being able to choose to the top of the sheet would be very ideal - it can be confusing when it goes to the bottom as people think it has already been addressed and doesnt look like it was in chronological order.

We use an automated number some times to mitigate.

• CAS the CSA
    CAS the CSA ✭✭✭
    edited 07/02/24

No progress on this in 2 years? New to the game here and I seem to keep hitting the same hurdles that you folks have already hit years ago that have gone unaddressed/ unresolved.

• K. Cogan
    K. Cogan
    edited 08/14/24

I have seen so many posts of people with this same need as I have been digging for a solution. It seems that working around it at this moment means that I will be having to be far more hands on with a backend process that should be fully automated. This would be easily fixable if I could choose where a row populates my sheet in the automation. @smartsheet, lease prioritize this for development! Thank you!